Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
I am having a very bad morning. You know those days? I hate those days. I hate the out of control feeling, the discontent and lack of peace. Maybe it is because it’s Monday…or maybe because angry words were exchanged with my husband…or it could be that I miss my kids that are with their grandma in Ohio. Who knows…it’s just been a bad morning already.
It occurs to me that I am missing the peace written about in verse 7 above…it is one of my favorite things about being a follower of Jesus…the peace that transcends all understanding…it will guard my heart in Christ Jesus. Guard my heart. I like that.
So how to I get back to the peace that guards my heart? Well…I’d have to go back to verse 6… Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
So I need to pray:
• Yes, even though I do not feel very grateful this morning
• Shifts my thinking from everything that’s wrong to everything that’s good and well And ask that God reveal himself to me and to fill me with his Holy Spirit
• It’s all about the relationship and if I don’t have eyes to see or ears to hear, well then, I’m pretty lost
• I need the power of the Holy Spirit…try as I might, I cannot transform myself And to calm my anxious heart (and to keep me from doing anything stupid or haste!)
• My request this morning…I need you Lord!
All that and a good cup of tea!
Godspeed – DM+