OMG OMG OMG
Y’all know that hamster wheel in your head – the one going around and around trying to figure something out. UGH UGH UGH
Sometimes the SOMETHING is new, or sometimes it’s SOMETHING you’ve known/understood, but now you’re trying to understand it on a new level.
Here’s my loop:
(1) Everything happens for a reason (false)
(2) God’s hand is in everything (true)
(3) Free will (true)
(4) Shit happens (true)
(5) God works ALL for the good of them that love him (true – but what if you don’t love him – are you just out there floundering?)
How do you reconcile #1 and #2
#3 and #4 are a piece of cake
#5 I’m solid here in the works for good, but the loop repeats when I start thinking about non-believers and the love of God.
Despite the hamster wheel in light of speed rotation this morning during my prayer/reflection time, I was given a precious gift – in the way that God often grabs my attention…through the Word.
Mordecai whispered his wisdom…
For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father’s family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?” Esther 4:14
The hamster wheel slowed…
(1) God’s got this – God’s purpose WILL come from somewhere
(2) God has invited me – in this PLACE, this very time and place in history, in this community, in this marriage, in this employment, today – to have a hand in “such a time as this.”
My wrestle is not completely satisfied this afternoon, but my soul is quieter, and the wheel has slowed. I can’t always see God’s hand, but I can trust his heart.
It’s Five Minute Friday… five minutes of uninterrupted writing…no editing. No overthinking. Just write! The exercise of writing for just five minutes is to help build a writing discipline and I thank you for tagging along as I work on my writing craft! You can learn more about and join the FMF writing challenge at www.fiveminutefriday.com
Today’s word: PLACE – link up here.